Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 13th

 Finally finished the model for the triple A battery box. In the morning, I came to the tech center and worked on the top lid of the box that can prevent the battery from falling out when the box had to be carried around.

  Since Jim Cox, the genius tech center director, fixed the 3D printer filament jam issue by putting the filament roll somewhere else than attaching it to the printer, I decided to print out the model that is shown above. I had to observe the print for couple hours as the two components, including the bottom and top closing, might not be printed out perfectly due to the design issue. Few hours later, I figured out that the such model wasn't printing out well because the closings were attached to the box than freely moving. I canceled the build and tried to troubleshoot the issue. Moreover, I had to think about a new design I wanted to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment