Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Weekly Reflection 3

Compared to other two weeks, this week was the most successful one. I was able to freely express my ideas and successfully create the things that I wanted. The prototypes clearly showed the design flaws that I can change to make a better project, and meanwhile I learned several different functions of Fusion 360 that can be used appropriately. I also created small and simple projects for the students in Proctor for their personal use or classes. All these activities were satisfying. I was relieved that I had physically printed models that can be shown for the presentation that shows my effort. Of course, not everything went very successfully as anything else. Every project was changed at least five times and each of them required a major change in multiple aspects. When I am pondering on how I should change my project, it may seem like I am doing absolutely nothing, but I actually simulate the changes numerous times before I make a change in the project to seek for the best possible outcome. On the other hand, I still wasn’t completely satisfied with the final products because of the design. Currently, all I can do is filleting the edges to look rounder and more refined. When I see other models online that has been downloaded multiple times, I can see why their projects are so popular. The overall quality exceeds that of my projects, but such thing cannot be overcome simply by looking at others’ designs. At the end, I felt achieved on printing out the three versions of phone stands and two versions of the battery box. Whether people would download it or not, I believe they can be used usefully to people. 

1 comment: