Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekly reflection

Nothing went perfectly as I expected. My plan was to spend my entire time come up with ideas for the model projects, design and model the project, and print the project. Although I thought I could create one project quickly, one project took more than one-third of the Senior project duration. This occurred due to three printer malfunction, which made my sponsor and the owner of the printers Jim order me to fix the printer since I was the only one who had enough time to spend on the printers. Thus, I spent more than half of the working hours during the week, but still couldn't fix it. This wasn't actually included in my objectives, so I am worried what I should present later on the last week of school. The trouble shooting process was more frustrated than what I expected because of numerous solutions and vague explanations on the issue. Since all I know is that the print is skipping in x-axis, there can be many possible issues and solutions for the printer. Some threads were saying that such printer had this chronic problem that was never actually fixed as the company released the "solution". I hope the last printer that was being used by others does function well.  Modeling was fun compared to the unexpected issues on the printers, however. I was able to express my ideas to create what I wanted. Hopefully this week I can print out my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment