Monday, May 23, 2016

May 18th

  Designing the stand was relatively easier. It just had to be stable enough to withstand the weight of the phone. However, modelling was harder than I thought. I had to sketch each sides and pull those surfaces out to construct the entire model one by one. The problem was that in order to create a stand that gets constantly narrower, I can't just pull out from one sketch because I couldn't adjust the points of the extruded model. I looked at the modify tools of Fusion and learned how to use draft for this model. Draft solved this issue easily. All I had to do is choose the surface that is contacting the surface that I wanted to adjust, then choose the surface that I want to tilt. This way, I created a sketch sideways, pulled out the model from the sketch and narrowed the surface from back to front easily. However, the prototype didn't fit because I chose the exact size of the hole that was mentioned in the holder. Thus, I decreased the contacting side.

No comments:

Post a Comment