Monday, May 23, 2016

May 16th

  The motivation for the new project came from using the phone in the bed. Since I had to hold my phone above my head while lying down on the bed, my arms hurt from doing so. At first I wanted to create a phone bed stand, but soon realized that it is easier to make a regular phone stand first, then think about making one that also works for the bed. As the thoughts proceeded, I chose to make a design that can be rotated without using a particular mechanism. I also wanted a stand that is simple and effective. The idea was to make a stand that holds the phone and stand at the same time. However, if it can be rotated sideways, the stand and phone holder has to be separated. The result was .

 The phone holder can hold the phone and has a slot at the back so that it can be connected with the stand separately. In the afternoon, I printed out the prototype to see if there is any design flaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment