Monday, May 23, 2016

May 19th

After modifying the phone stand, I chose to create a better version of the battery dispenser. The prototype was terrible. The hinges were too weak and wasn't printed the way I wanted. This included both the design flaw and 3D printer problem. Now that the tech center have a better filament and I have enough time to work on the next project, I chose to work on the older projects to finalize them. I increased the radius of the cylinders that were holding the lid. I also had to make the lids smaller so that the printer doesn't recognize it as the same body as the box itself. The second model's problem was that the top lid created too much supports inside that I couldn't get rid of all the supports, and it was too dirty inside. Thus, I rotated the top lid by 90 degrees. The result was satisfying. Everything worked the way I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment